Strong Refuge

I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Psalm 71:7

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just Do It

My body and I woke up this morning as mortal enemies. I forced it to go to Pilates last night for the first time in about six weeks. I am suffering for it today. A couple of Ibuprofen and a warm shower later, though, and I believe I may be getting the upper hand.

Not too long ago I was all excited about Pilates. I was working hard and getting in shape and feeling great and just spreading the joy around wherever I could. Come on, I said to all my friends. Follow me, and we’ll all be happy and limber together.

That was then.

Now I’m back to battling with myself just to show up and finding my stamina only in the loathing in my heart.

Every day is a new opportunity to learn, and if we didn’t have to be taught some things over and over, we’d be so egotistical as to be unbearable to one and all.

My lesson that I never seem to learn is that if I try to do too much, something always cracks apart.

Today it is literally cracking every time I move a muscle. But what’s life without a goal to work toward, hmmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home