Strong Refuge

I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Psalm 71:7

Friday, March 17, 2006

The Enemy

This morning I heard a terrible banging and clanging racket in my house. As people do when they hear terrible rackets in their own homes, I hopped up to investigate. My cat was throwing himself repeatedly at a window. He was attacking his own reflection, and boy was he mad. His hair was standing on end. His ears were pulled back. He was growling and hissing and huffing (probably from having nearly knocked himself out several times).

How many times have you thrown yourself with all your might into fighting a perceived threat only to discover in the end the problem was you all along?

We all experience times when we don’t like what we see as we catch a glimpse of our own reflections. If we can manage to be a little less stubborn than a puffed up cat, though, we’ll realize lashing out doesn’t accomplish a thing...except perhaps a monster headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home