Strong Refuge

I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Psalm 71:7

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Guilty Pleasure

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work today. I had nothing in particular in mind. I just knew I needed food, and I knew I didn't have time to put any thought or effort into it. Really, I should have known better. I should have stopped at Wendy's for a salad. Instead, I went to the grocery store and bought a box of ice cream bars, a bag of frozen french fries, and a pack of cheese. Carbohydrates R us.

My ability to discipline myself seems to work in direct inverse proportion to the amount of stress I'm under. I'm using up all of my energy right now to make myself grade research papers. I have no inner resources left to devote to avoiding ice cream.

It's my firm belief that we're entirely too hard on ourselves when we think we have to always avoid junking up our bodies.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll exercise and eat right tomorrow. Today I'm indulging my need for mental fortitude with Snickers ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home