Strong Refuge

I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Psalm 71:7

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Food Fit for Angels

My idea of Heaven is a place where I could eat all the cheesy tots and Girl Scout Cookies I want without gaining weight. I generally go by the rule that if I love it, it's probably bad for me, and I should stay away from it. Sometimes we get to experience a little Heaven on Earth, though, in foods that are both delicious and nutritious. Even fried cheese sticks with ranch dressing don't give me more pleasure than a meal of peas, corn, and tomatoes straight from the garden. And then there's ratatouille. Since it's February, and we can't get anything straight from the garden, allow me to recommend ratatouille as a most divine culinary experience. Delicious, nutritious, and not at all likely to produce unwanted pounds.

Click here for a good recipe.

Eat it cold. Eat it hot. Eat it as a soup. Eat it as a sauce. Eat it over rice. Eat it over pasta. Eat it plain and use a piece of crusty bread to sop up the juice. You can't go wrong any way you go about it.

I've even been known to add heavy whipping cream and curry spices to the leftovers. Yum, yum.

Fit for the angels, no less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home