Strong Refuge

I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Psalm 71:7

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Welcome to Strong Refuge!

Even I think this is a strange name for a blog. I tried several names to no avail. Apparently I'm not nearly as creative as I think. Someone always thinks of the good stuff first. :)

I finally arrived at "Strong Refuge" by flipping open a little Gideon's New Testament that was sitting on my desk. It landed on Psalms 71:7: "I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge."

Good enough for me.

I'm not sure what this blog is about. I have several others, and I've experienced some real commitment issues with those blogs. I've found it especially difficult to stick with anything since Hurricane Katrina. I think that's what this is for. I'm not that interested in talking about professional matters these days. I want to talk about real life. I don't mean so much that I want to talk about my day-to-day doings so much as about lessons I've learned and things that have mattered to me, things I think have mattered to the people around me during this year of disaster and recovery.

So here I am, looking for my strong refuge. We'll just have to see where this leads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home