Strong Refuge

I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Psalm 71:7

Friday, May 12, 2006

Be Still, and Know that I am God.


Psalm 46:10

It's not easy, is it? To be still, to let go of worries, to take time to just be, to appreciate the wonders of life and of God...

This is a pretty tall order for a busy life, but it is a necessary one.

Last semester, I turned in my final grades one day and followed my mother to the hospital the next. Today, I'll go to graduation. Tomorrow, I'll go to a funeral.

If this were about me, I'd think it was awfully rude of anyone to die without giving me a chance to rest first. But instead I'm going to take some time to ponder and appreciate the real rest and peace that has now come to someone who gave his whole life to good work and service to others and to God.

He will be missed. He will be remembered. And I believe we have only to be still and know God to appreciate the beauty of both his life and his passing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home